BDMG is a strategic agent of the State of Minas Gerais for the promotion of sustainable socio-economic development.
The Bank supports the public and private sectors, offering credit to companies, city administrations and concessionaires of municipal public services.
Our operations are focused on four main areas: regional development, with reduction of inequalities; innovation, to achieve more diversified production, generating more and better jobs agribusiness, a major contributor to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Minas Gerais; and sustainability, focused on environmental preservation, economic development and social inclusion.
BDMG is also the official body in charge of structuring the operations of public utility concessions, both regular and in the PPP model, providing all of the methodological, legal and economic/financial support to local administrations or to public consortiums of municipalities.
A bank that believes in the potential of the State and supports those who invest in the continuous improvement of Minas Gerais for its entire population.
Since 1962, BDMG believes in the potential of the State and supports those who invest in the continuous improvement of Minas Gerais for its entire population.
Promote the sustainable and competitive socioeconomic development of Minas Gerais, leading to the creation of better and expanded employment, along with the reduction of inequalities.
Be recognized as a strategic player in the process of social and economic development of Minas Gerais.
- Commitment to the population of Minas Gerais.
In addition to the economic aspect, BDMG supports and promotes culture, citizenship and socio-environmental responsibility in Minas Gerais in a variety of ways:
The Socio-environmental Responsibility Policy (PRSA) rolled out in 2013, is a management tool which seamlessly addresses the economic, social and environmental dimensions of operational activities, as well as BDMG’s relations with its stakeholders: clients, employees, shareholders and the community. The PRSA determines, among other things, guidelines for:
- Prioritizing the alignment of ventures with positive socio-environmental externalities.
- Identifying, evaluating and managing socio-environmental risk.
- Providing guidelines for socio-environmental actions in the Bank´s transactions and in its relationship with stakeholders.
- Promoting strategic actions related to its governance.
- Adopting internal actions for promoting sustainable development.
Aligned with the criteria determined by the entities responsible for environmental control, the approval of financial support to the projects involving activities which as effectively or potentially polluting, which employ environmental resources, is subject to the presentation of documentation which proves their compliance with environmental licensing regulations.See the annual socio-environmental reports
BDMG Cultural, created in 1988, is an entity which supports and encourages the development of the artistic and cultural scenario of Minas Gerais. With the promotion of events and activities related to fine arts and visual arts; dancing; theater; museums; music; literature and support of historical heritage, the institution has consolidated its position as one of the main patrons of culture in Minas Gerais.
INDEC Citizenship Institute
INDEC, the BDMG Employee Citizenship Institute, is a non-profit entity, recognized as being of local, state and federal public benefit.
The main objectives of the Institute are:
- Encourage collective organization and stimulate solidarity.
- Promote the participation of the community in the management of projects of interest to the population they serve.
- Develop and support social responsibility projects in needy and at risk areas, working in the fields of education, health, nutrition and environment.
Internal social responsibility
BDMG seeks to offer working conditions which promote the valuation and integration of people, in addition to providing a synergic and result-oriented environment. BDMG employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Supplementary Pension Fund and Private Health Care Plan, administered by the BDMG Foundation of Social Security - DESBAN.
- Program for compliance with all official standards related to occupational health and safety, and Life Quality Program.
- Collective Labor Agreement, with employee representation.
- Program for the promotion of equity in the work environment.
Access our database of economic studies and reports
See awards granted by BDMG
Minas Gerais Economy Award
Created in 1988, the Minas Gerais Economy Award represents a partnership between BDMG and the Regional Council of Economics (Corecon-MG). This award has the objective of stimulating study and investigation of themes that are relevant to the economy, by rewarding the best theses submitted by young economics students, approved in a given academic term.
1º lugar - 2019
Arthur Queiroz (UFMG)
Estratégia de diversificação produtiva: uma proposta para aumentar a complexidade econômica dos estados brasileiros
2º lugar - 2019
Vitória Ferreira de Vasconcelos (UFMG)
Intensidade de emissões de CO2 na economia mineira e opções de mitigação: uma análise regional de insumo-produto
3º lugar - 2019
Gabrielly Ramalho Ferreira (UFJF)
Uma investigação acerca da relação entre a política de redução do IPI e o acesso a automóveis e bens de linha branca
Daniel Brito Alves (UNIMONTES)
Educação e Desenvolvimento Econômico: um Estudo para a Região Norte de Minas Gerais, com Ênfase no Ensino Fundamental